It’s perfectly natural to have questions about sexuality. It’s important to get accurate answers, to ease your mind, and to locate resources and products suited to your needs and interests.
My sexuality counseling and education clients include teens, college students and adults–single or partnered–who want to make informed sexual decisions, increase their sexual knowledge or creativity, gain self-confidence, protect their sexual health, improve sexual relationships, and problem solve.
I see clients in the comfortable offices of of the New Jersey Center for Sexual Wellness in Bedminster, NJ. If you cannot make an office visit, we can meet by phone or Zoom.
All visits require an appointment scheduled in advance. Your consult will remain confidential unless you ask me to share information with your healthcare provider or other designee.
I welcome clients of all sexual identities and all cultural and spiritual backgrounds.
What Happens at a sex education consult?
When you first call or email me, I will ask some questions to understand your concerns/needs. This will be a brief free conversation after which we will schedule an office appointment. I will recommend a medical exam or an assessment by a sex therapist or other specialist if this screening indicates a need for such a referral.
Your appointment will last an hour, during which time we will establish several learning objectives, e.g., how you want me to help you. I will take a sexual history as it applies to your specific concern and learning objectives. Then, our consultation will involve discussion that may incorporate illustrations, handouts, resource recommendations. You are welcome to take notes.
At all times, I will respect your culture, values, comfort and privacy in the way I provide information.
Many clients only need one visit; additional visits are helpful if you have multiple concerns.
What kind of sexuality counseling and education is available?
- All About Your Sexual Self (sexual anatomy & physiology, sexual response, contraception options, safer sex, communication skills, tips for self–pleasure, introduction to adult toys/sexual aids, adapting to sexual complications due to chronic illness, disability, or age)
- Couples’ Reconnection (sexual anatomy & physiology, sexual response, contraception options, safer sex, communication skills, intimacy building, toys/sexual aids, adapting to sexual complications due to chronic illness, disability, or age)
- Sex Ed Events (fun, educational gatherings for friends, couples, sororities, bachelorettes, divorcees, etc. Request a topic or contact me for ideas.)
- Parent–Child Dialogue (tips for talking with children and teens about sexual development, sexual values, sexual decisions and potential outcomes from those decisions. Also available are facilitated conversations with children and teens present)
- Care and Feeding of Your Changing Body (puberty preparation: emotional & physical changes, personal grooming & hygiene, menstruation & self–care, social skills. Children and teens must be introduced and/or accompanied by an adult parent or guardian.)
- Getting Real Sessions for Teens & College Students (social and/or sexual decision–making skills, contraceptive options, safer sex, resisting peer pressure, sexual health & self–care, on–going check–ins). Note: Children and teens must be introduced and/or accompanied by an adult parent or guardian.
Session fees must be paid in advance. 60-minute sessions are $150 each. Session fees are non–refundable, so I recommend that you purchase sessions only after completing your free initial assessment.
Sessions may be purchased online using PayPal or by a check for the full amount made payable to Honest Exchange LLC, to P.O. Box 5106, Basking Ridge, NJ 07922.
You may transfer a pre–paid session(s) to another person only after consultation and approval by Dr. Davis. Recipients of transferred sessions must be 18 or older. Requests for transfer may be denied at the discretion of Dr. Davis.
back to top